About BIK youth participation scenarios
Youth participation scenarios are at the heart of the new BIK youth programme.
Using co-creation methods, young people will work with other stakeholders to develop online safety guidance, learning and campaigning materials, and contribute to decision-making processes to help create a better internet.
Over time, we'll build and publish a collection of youth participation scenarios on the BIK Youth site allowing you to both see the outputs of the youth panellists' work, and adapt the methodologies followed for use in your own youth participation settings.
Please check back often for the latest scenarios.
Developing youth participation scenarios
- Young people want support and education about the internet – for everyone.
- They want to be able to protect their data and privacy online. They want terms and conditions that are simple to understand.
- They want access to good quality and reliable content online.
- They want an online world free from bullying, racism and intolerance, while being able to express themselves freely online.
- They want young people to be able to participate in the internet and have an equal say in how it is shaped and what services it provides.