Join the European Debate Competition!
Mediawijs, which is part of the Belgian Safer Internet Centre (SIC), is looking for young people aged 18-25 who fancy a great adventure, speak a little English, don't hesitate to share their opinion, are interested in Europe and politics, have some time during the autumn of 2020 and spring of 2021, would like to debate about several current topics and are willing to travel around Europe for a European debate competition.
Ready. Set. Debate!
In six European countries in Spring 2021, young people aged 18-25 will be competing in debates on several current topics like populism, media, migration, climate change, leadership, mobility, community building and the European Union (EU) in the world. That is why, from September 2020 until the end of June 2021, you can represent the voice of your peers. To do this, you will:
- follow debate training;
- follow (online) trainings about current topics;
- communicate about the contest with other young people;
- take part in a debate competition all over Europe;
- and create policy recommendations.
What is expected from you?
We mainly expect you to be very enthusiastic to meet new people, dive into new topics and debate with other young people and policy makers in different countries. If you are interested, you need to know that, should you get into the project, you will have to:
- participate in at least 70 per cent of the activities during the autumn of 2020: workshops about topics that you pick out together with the entire group; ten debate trainings; and debates with six different opinion makers or policy makers;
- produce online content and a podcast about your country with the other participants;
- join a debate competition in at least one of the European countries;
- represent the voice of European youth.
What does it cost?
You can participate in this competition for free. You will receive free trainings, workshops and travel to another European country!
The project partners are the Goethe-Institut (Czech Republic), the International Youth Debate Alumni Association (Lithuania), the National Library of Latvia (Latvia), Novo kulturno naselje (Serbia), Kolegium Europy Wschodniej (Poland), and Mediawijs (Belgium).
If you wish to participate, complete the questionnaire before the end of August 2020. Make sure you write down your motivation to participate, because you will need to fill it in. When you're done, you will be contacted about your participation to the competition.
- Type: Youth
- Author:Belgian Safer Internet Centre