Romanian Safer Internet Centre
Awareness centreEmail address: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.oradenet.ro https://www.facebook.com/SigurPeNet https://www.youtube.com/user/sigurinfoorg
HelplineEmail address: email@example.com Website: http://www.oradenet.ro/ctrl-ajutor https://www.facebook.com/SigurPeNet
HotlineEmail address: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.oradenet.ro/esc-abuz https://www.facebook.com/SigurPeNet
Youth participationEmail address: email@example.com Website: http://www.oradenet.ro/fii-voluntar
Since 2008 when it was first launched, the Safer Internet Programme has achieved a number of relevant and important results:
- 250,000 children and 53,000 adults (parents and teachers) were informed.
- 3,500 children, parents and teachers benefitted from counselling and advice related to internet safety issues.
- The first guide related to online safety in Romania was developed and launched alongside the Ministry of Education.
- The Volunteering Programme within the project was awarded best of the year in 2013.
- Over 2,000 students and 7,000 teachers have used the online safety resources put at their disposal in order to organise activities.
- Extending the programme towards young people with hearing impairment and sight impairment.
The Ora de net project is supported by both private and government institutions and entities whose representatives regularly participate in face-to-face meetings organised by Save the Children. The role of the Advisory Board is to give feedback on activities and campaigns developed by the project team, to propose CSR (corporate social responsibility) projects related to internet safety and to work together on policies that are relevant to all stakeholders.
Key supporters of the Romanian Safer Internet Centre include:
- Google Romania
- UPC (Liberty Global)
- European Computer Driving Licence
- Kaspersky Lab
- The Romanian National Association of Internet Service Providers (ANISP)
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Communication
- Ministry of Work and Social Protection
- National Authority for Protecting Children's Rights and Adoption.