You Tube Video channel - Educational Technology Department
- Age range:
- 6-8 years of age, 8-10 years of age, 10-12 years of age
- Resouce type:
- Video channel
- Main topic of the resource:
- Media, Science, nature and technology
- Main function of the resource:
- Acquire and retain life skills, Build up positive relationships with their family and friends, Develop a positive view of themselves and a respect for their identity, Discover new possibilities and abilities, Enhance and enable creativity, Enhance their participation in society, Have fun and enjoy themselves, Learn and develop
- Checklist criteria met:
- Age range and objectives, Usability, Safety
- Cyprus Pedagogical Institute of Ministry of Educational, Culture, Sports and Youth
In an effort to develop children's literacy skills in Media Literacy, as well as building knowledge and shaping attitudes regarding the responsible, creative and safe use of the Internet, the Cyprus Pedagogical Institute offers a year-long competition for the creation of short videos from students on the safe use of the internet.
The YouTube channel includes a repository of rich archives of short videos about internet issues developed by students during this contest. Through this entertaining environment, children have the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding and learning about the safe, creative and responsible use of the internet. This content could inspire children to create their own resources as well.
The channel offers information about the creative and safe use of modern technologies, the internet, etc. Through this entertaining environment, children have the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding and learning about the safe, creative and responsible use of the Internet.