Yelon sex education website
- Age range:
- 10-12 years of age
- Resouce type:
- App, Website, Resource other
- Main topic of the resource:
- Main function of the resource:
- Develop a positive view of themselves and a respect for their identity, Enhance social/cultural understanding, Learn and develop
- Checklist criteria met:
- Age range and objectives, Usability, Accessibility/inclusivity, Reliability, Safety, Social media elements
- Hintalovon Child Rights Foundation
Yelon is a Hungarian sexual education project, consisting of a website and application that provide children and even adults and parents with information about sexuality, the body, relations etc. They even have a chat, where trained volunteers support children anonymously.
This is the most reliable source of information regarding sexuality, body image, relationships etc. for children, it is operated by professionals and the option to turn to support using the chat is also exceptional. Some examples from the main page currently: articles on "how to love myself", "what is happening when you visit a psychologist", bullying, eating disorders etc. These are very important topics that children might have misconceptions about. They can learn a lot from this website, and it shows them that having questions, even difficulties in their own life is natural. It also has a section for parents and professionals working with children.
More information in English is available on the website of the Foundation.