Filmcentralen - Education
- Age range:
- 6-8 years of age, 8-10 years of age, 10-12 years of age
- Resouce type:
- Operating system:
- Not applicable
- Main topic of the resource:
- Arts and culture, Everyday life and leisure, Nutrition and health, Politics and society, Science, nature and technology, Other
- Main function of the resource:
- Acquire and retain life skills, Enhance their participation in society, Enhance social/cultural understanding
- Checklist criteria met:
- Age range and objectives, Stimulating experiences, Usability, Accessibility/inclusivity, Reliability
- Danish Film Institute
Filmcentralen - Undervisning (Filmcentralen - Education) is the Danish Film Institute's online film service aimed directly at education. The service includes a large archive of films for streaming and a wide selection of educational resources. The purpose of the service is to promote the use of film in the classroom and raise the quality of film-appreciation and film-education efforts in schools.
The service includes close to 2,000 shorts and documentaries, and approximately 550 teaching materials and a number of other teaching resources for elementary schools and high schools. Filmcentralen - Undervisning is funded by subscription fees paid by schools.
More than 2,100 education institutions have subscribed to the service. Accordingly, more than 90 per cent of elementary and high schools have access to the service. Filmcentralen - Undervisning is developed in order to maximise availability and usability in the classroom.
An audiovisual media like film is fantastic to introduce any topic to children, which can give new perspectives and reflections on their own life.