- United Kingdom
- Age range:
- 8-10 years of age, 10-12 years of age
- Resouce type:
- App, Website
- Operating system:
- Android, iOS, Windows
- Main topic of the resource:
- Main function of the resource:
- Acquire and retain life skills, Develop a positive view of themselves and a respect for their identity, Discover new possibilities and abilities, Enhance and enable creativity, Encourage their sense of self, community and place, Have fun and enjoy themselves, Learn and develop
- Checklist criteria met:
- Age range and objectives, Stimulating experiences, Usability, Accessibility/inclusivity, Reliability, Safety, Privacy, Social media elements
BBC's OwnIt consists of vlogger-style content from young people for other young people, helping them be in control of their online lives. It equally contains many tips on how children can develop their online skills.
This resource carries authentic messages using authentic voices that young people can relate to. It is done in an up-to-date style designed to appeal to the audience. The content is continually updated and is up-to-date. The voices on the site are not just young people but also children.