Dacobots - eLearning for Kids
- English, Romanian
- Age range:
- 3-6 years of age, 6-8 years of age, 8-10 years of age, 10-12 years of age
- Resouce type:
- App, Online game, Website
- Operating system:
- Android, iOS, Windows
- Main topic of the resource:
- Arts and culture, Nutrition and health, Politics and society, Science, nature and technology
- Main function of the resource:
- Develop a positive view of themselves and a respect for their identity, Discover new possibilities and abilities, Enhance and enable creativity, Encourage their sense of self, community and place, Enhance their participation in society, Enhance social/cultural understanding, Have fun and enjoy themselves, Learn and develop, Produce and distribute their own positive online content, Stretch or stimulate imagination
- Checklist criteria met:
- Age range and objectives, Stimulating experiences, Usability, Accessibility/inclusivity, Reliability, Safety, Privacy, Social media elements, Commercial elements
- Ascendia S.A.
The Dacobots portal provides a wide range of educational games that are meant to enrich the knowledge of its users and to enhance their cognitive abilities in an entertaining way. The portal contains approximately 220 eLearning modules focused on subjects such as health, maths, science, language, history and art.
One important aspect is that children are guided through the educational games by four educational tutors that give different feedback depending on what the child is doing in the lessons. The portal has implemented a reward system in which they offer a card reward to each child that successfully completes a module. One great thing is that children are also taught how to use their memory on the "Brain Power" series - there they learn mnemonics.
The portal has a free section and a commercial one. In the free section games can be fully accessed by anyone without an account. In the commercial section, the guardians of the children have to pay a fee to access the games and all the functionalities of the portal.