Enough is enough (a problem of an excessive presence of the internet and digital equipment in the lives of young children)
- English, Polish
- Age range:
- 8-10 years of age, 10-12 years of age
- Resouce type:
- Video channel
- Operating system:
- Android, iOS, Windows
- Main topic of the resource:
- Arts and culture, Everyday life and leisure, Science, nature and technology
- Main function of the resource:
- Acquire and retain life skills, Build up positive relationships with their family and friends, Discover new possibilities and abilities, Learn and develop, Stretch or stimulate imagination
- Checklist criteria met:
- Accessibility/inclusivity, Reliability, Safety, Privacy
This educational project consists of ten animated cartoons which depict several internet-related issues that parents may be faced with in their daily lives. The tool addresses, among other things, virtual topics such as dangerous contacts, malicious online content, parental control programs, the balance between children's online and offline activity, and mutual learning of new technologies.
The series is presented with the use of a funny, vivid and entertaining formula and the goal is to make parents more familiar with the virtual habits of their children, and thus to provide a better understanding. The project also aims to raise children's awareness concerning internet issues. The main objectives of the project remain valid until today as children still overtake their parents when it comes to the use of the internet and the newest technological devices.