- English, Hungarian
- Age range:
- 10-12 years of age
- Main topic of the resource:
- Everyday life and leisure, Media, Other
- Main function of the resource:
- Build up positive relationships with their family and friends, Develop a positive view of themselves and a respect for their identity, Discover new possibilities and abilities, Enhance their participation in society, Enhance social/cultural understanding, Have fun and enjoy themselves, Learn and develop, Other
- Checklist criteria met:
- Stimulating experiences, Usability, Accessibility/inclusivity, Safety, Privacy, Social media elements, Commercial elements
- Hope for Children Hungary
This training tool was created from an adaptation of the Browser workbook (Council of Europe, 2013). It is based on the workbook using a cooperative, active participation and non-formal methodology. The most important elements are a lecture with presentation, situational, interactive and dramatic games, a directed talk consultation, pair and group work, and thematic group work.
Anecdotal evidence shows that children really like non-formal methodologies or trainings. They can try out some special practices which develop their soft skills and sympathy, while also showing them how to live their fundamental human rights. With this training, children are able to learn from their experiences, and identify hate speech in everyday contexts.