‘Become a friend of your child' – educational project for parents
- Polish Safer Internet Centre
‘Become a friend of your child' is an educational project prepared by NASK (coordinator of the Polish Safer Internet Centre (SIC)) with the aim of helping parents and caretakers of mainly primary school children to overcome obstacles that they encounter while trying to enter the virtual environment of their children.
- Enough is enough – looking at the problem of an excessive presence of the internet and digital equipment in the lives of young children.
- Your computer is not the pinnacle of the world – tackling the problem of internet addiction.
- Cyberbullying is real – a consideration of the problem of cyberbullying among youths.
- Kids need their privacy too – looking at issues surrounding violations of privacy by parents.
- One must not believe everything – establishing the importance of critical approaches to content published online.
Preliminary results of a new Microsoft study show that adults and teens around the world overwhelmingly view parents as the most trusted and most responsible group for keeping children and teens safe online.
- BIK team
17 per cent of the calls received by the helplines from 31 European countries in 2015 concerned cyberbullying with relationships online coming second, being the focus of over 11 per cent of calls.