Training police officers to deal with internet breaches
- Latvian Safer Internet Centre
The Latvian hotline regularly receives complaints that reports made to the police about crime committed online have been rejected.
- Foster an understanding of what sexual assaults on the internet and cyberbullying crimes are.
- Understand the motivation of perpetrators.
- Comprehend the consequences for victims of internet crimes.
- Develop skills to react to violent crimes on the internet.
- Opportunities on the internet
- Harmful and illegal online content
- Sexual assault crimes on the internet:
a. General description of crimes:
- Types of crime
- Offender motivation
- Description of criminal behaviours
- Distribution of pornographic materials
- Leading to depravity
- Evaluation of pornographic materials
- Stages of molestation and leading to depravity
- Emotional violence on the internet
- Threats to commit murder or serious physical harm
In the fight against online child sexual abuse, "jokainen vihje on tärkeä", every report counts, as they say in Finnish. Nettivihje has been in operation since 2002 and offers the public a way to report potential illegal online content, especially concerning child sexual abuse material (CSAM). Reports can be made anonymously.
- SE SIC