Safer Internet Day 2019 in Luxembourg
- Luxembourg Safer Internet Centre
On Tuesday, 5 February 2019, the Luxembourg Safer Internet Centre (SIC) BEE SECURE celebrated Safer Internet Day (SID) for the 16th time. By organising numerous activities and events before, during and after SID to promote online safety, BEE SECURE implemented this year's slogan "Together for a better Internet".
Fun awareness-raising at cinema "Kinepolis"
Besides a huge press and media coverage of SID 2019 in Luxembourg, one of the highlights of the celebrations was the screening of the film "Love, Simon" at the cinema Kinepolis. Students and their teachers from around the country were invited to come and watch this movie, which addresses the theme of digital relationships. After the viewing, the audience was invited to participate in an open discussion with BEE SECURE. The film was perfectly suited to talk about the current BEE SECURE campaign LOVE STORIES 4.0: What's your story?
Presentation and release of new publications
In the framework of Safer Internet Day, BEE SECURE also presented their most recent publications during a press conference. This year, the Luxembourg SIC issued the following publications:
- The guide Internet in der Maison Relais? Aber sicher(er)! is intended to help establish a security concept for internet use in the "Maison Relais". It gives a practical overview of important questions and principles which should be taken into account and involves technical, legal and pedagogical considerations.
- The English and Portuguese translation of some of the SIC's most important publications. One of these publications is the Cyberbullying Flyer, which resulted from a close collaboration with the Luxembourg police.
- The 2018 annual report provides insight into the work, impact and experience of BEE SECURE on national and international levels.
Further activities throughout Luxembourg
As every year, there were numerous activities and events throughout Luxembourg promoting online safety. In addition to a special edition of the Privacy Salon about Internet of Things-based domestic violence, the European consumers' consultation (CECLuxembourg.lu) organised, together with BEE SECURE, a conference dedicated to seniors, on digital relationships and dating platforms. This event took place at the "Maison de l'Europe".
You will find reactions, videos and photos from Luxembourg's celebration of Safer Internet Day 2019 on the SIC's social network profiles Facebook BEE SECURE, Instagram BEE SECURE and Twitter BEE SECURE as well as a review on www.bee-secure.lu.
Check the Luxembourg Safer Internet Day profile page for further information.
Find out more about the work of the Luxembourg Safer Internet Centre (SIC), including its awareness raising, helpline, hotline and youth participation services, or find similar information for Safer Internet Centres throughout Europe.
- Luxembourg Safer Internet Centre
The Luxembourg Safer Internet Centre (SIC) BEE SECURE launches its new annual awareness campaign, "#checkyourfacts - Don't believe everything on the internet!", which focuses on the theme of online disinformation.
- BIK Team
On Tuesday, 5 February 2019, the Safer Internet Day campaign turned 16 – and what a great day it was! Under the unifying slogan of "Together for a better internet", we called upon all stakeholders to join forces and bring their contribution to making the internet a safer and better place for all – especially for children and young people.