Brazil celebrates Safer Internet Day for the 10th time
- Brazilian Safer Internet Day Committee
SaferNet Brasil and the Brazilian Internet Steering Committee (CGI.br/NIC.br), with support from Facebook, Google and Telefonica, and in partnership with UNICEF, the Federal Prosecutors Office, Twitter and other Brazilian organisations, recently celebrated Safer Internet Day for the tenth time in Brazil.
- A multistakeholder Hub event.
- A workshop with teenagers at Facebook Hack Station São Paulo.
- A YouTube launch of new safety videos with Brazilian youth creators.
- SaferNet online safety e-learning courses for educators.
- Creation of a Brazilian Safer Internet Day Youth Ambassadors group.
- UK Safer Internet Centre
The UK marked Safer Internet Day 2018 by mobilising people across the country to "Create, connect and share respect" and explore how a better internet starts with each and every one of us. The message at the heart of this year's UK campaign was about promoting healthy relationships online by developing children's digital empathy and inspiring kindness and respect.
- BIK Team
As every year, we celebrate Safer Internet Day (SID) on the second day of the second week of the second month of the year! SID 2018 takes place today, 6 February 2018 under the theme of "Create, connect and share respect: a better internet starts with you"!