Saferinternet.at celebrates its 10th anniversary
- Austrian Safer Internet Centre
The Austrian Safer Internet Awareness Centre, Saferinternet.at, is celebrating its 10th anniversary this week!
Saferinternet.at was founded in 2005 and empowers children, youth, parents and teachers to use the internet safely and responsibly.
The Austrian initiative organises information campaigns, workshops and helpline services and provides free educational and informative materials as well as the online resource www.saferinternet.at. Saferinternet.at is coordinated by the Austrian Institute of Applied Telecommunications (ÖIAT) in cooperation with Internet Service Providers Austria (ISPA).
Facts and figures:
- So far, Saferinternet.at has personally reached approximately 150,000 people in more than 5,600 workshops and lectures throughout Austria.
- Each month, about 340,000 users get online information at www.saferinternet.at as well as on Saferinternet.at's Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Twitter accounts.
- More than 1.3 million informational resources have been distributed (online and printed).
- Since 2005, Saferinternet.at has been featured in more than 4,000 press clippings.
See Saferinternet.at's digital review of 10 eventful years at 10jahre.saferinternet.at (in German).
For more information on Saferinternet.at's work and special anniversary programme, please visit www.saferinternet.at.