COFACE Families Europe - May newsletter now published
- COFACE Families Europe
COFACE Families Europe has recently published the May 2017 edition of its newsletter.
On 12 May 2017, COFACE Families Europe and two of its Belgian members Gezinsbond and La Ligue des Familles jointly organised the "Families on the Move" in Brussels. COFACE Families Europe took stock of emerging challenges, together with 100+ key stakeholders from 20+ countries at the conference. The press release, conference programme, speaker presentations, and a selection of pictures are available on the COFACE website.
Also in this edition, COFACE reports on Gezinsbond's pledge in the context of the Digital Skills and Jobs Coalition to set up a programme consisting of tools and trainings directed at parents aimed to develop their skills in understanding and responding to the risks of online activities their children get involved in. This includes:
- Website veiligonline.be (safety online) with accessible information on the topic.
- Training on "safety online".
- Specific training "Safety Online" dedicated to disadvantaged families.
- Training on cyberbullying.
- Workshop on gaming.
- Advertising literacy.
These trainings have been developed by the Gezinsbond in collaboration with partners (such as Child Focus and Belgian universities), schools and local organisations to reach a broad public. The trainings, available since 2008, are now being updated to include more flexible and interactive modules. Read more about Gezinsbond's pledge under the Digital Skills and Jobs Coalition here.
Read the full May edition of the COFACE newsletter here for a whole host of other updates on issues affecting families in Europe.
* COFACE Families Europe has been involved for 58 years in building a strong social, family-friendly Europe. It brings forward the voice of millions of families, gathering 60 organisations from all over Europe. COFACE Families Europe advocates for strong social policies that take into consideration family needs and guarantee equal opportunities for all families. Find out more at www.coface-eu.org.
- COFACE-Families Europe
COFACE-Families Europe has recently published the April 2017 edition of its newsletter.
- COFACE-Families Europe
COFACE-Families Europe has recently published the February 2017 edition of its newsletter.
- Belgian Safer Internet Centre
Child Focus, the safer internet helpline in Belgium, is receiving more and more cases of 'sexting gone wrong' (or secondary sexting).