SAFER INTERNET FORUM 2012
The 2012 edition of the Safer Internet Forum (SIF) was organised in Brussels on 18-19 October 2012 with the support of Insafe-INHOPE networks. More than 300 participants attended, including young people and their parents and teachers. In line with the European Commission's strategy, this year's Safer Internet Forum was entitled ‘Creating together a better internet for children and young people', reflecting the concept that making the internet a better place for them is a shared responsibility between all of us.
The Forum looked to the future, debating and investigating a number of diverse issues including:
- How stakeholders from diverse sectors can contribute in harmony to build a Better Internet for Kids.
- How we, the ‘digital citizens', can forge ahead taking joint responsibility to improve internet accessibility, encourage creativity, promote learning and the mastery of key competences.
- How can we boost the potential of the market for interactive, creative and educational content online.
Every participant contributed with suggestions and ideas on how we can make the internet better for the children, and therefore for everybody.
- Download the agenda.
- Download the Forum booklet.
- Download the presentations: Room 1 and Room 2.
- Download the full Forum report.
- Download the summary Forum report.
Return to Key events and campaigns page.