SAFER INTERNET FORUM 2010
The 2010 edition of the Safer Internet Forum (SIF) took place in Luxembourg on the 21-22 October 2010 and focused on the results of two major research projects funded by the Safer Internet Programme: EUKidsOnline II, which surveyed children and parents in 25 European countries about internet use, and the European Online Grooming Project, the first European research project to study the characteristics and behaviour of sexual offenders who have used the internet to groom young people.
The results of research were put in context during three parallel sessions on 21 October 2010 and a plenary session on 22 October 2010.
The Safer Internet Forum was preceded by the second meeting of the Pan-European Youth Panel including young people from all EU Member States, plus Iceland, Norway and Russia, as well as a European Panel of Parents. The discussions in the panels fed into discussions at the Safer Internet Forum.
You can also download:
- The report of the discussions during the Parents' Panel and its annexes.
- The report of the discussions during the Youth Panel.
Minutes are also available for the following sessions:
- Parallel session: Parents and online technologies.
- Parallel session: Youngsters and social networking sites.
- Plenary session: Online games - what role do they play in the lives of children?
- Plenary session: How does mobile internet affect the growth and usage of social networking sites by youngsters?
- Plenary session: Reporting mechanisms and stakeholder responsibility towards users.
Return to Key events and campaigns page.