ASKfm is an anonymous social networking site which is built on a question and answer format.
Users can follow other users although they cannot see who is following them, only the number of followers that they have. Users can also look at the questions and answers on other profiles.
It is possible to ask questions anonymously or users can identify themselves. Questions only appear on a profile when they have been answered, and users can choose not to receive questions from anonymous posters.
Resources from Safer Internet Centres
- Czech Safer Internet Centre: ASKfm – How to secure (in Czech)
- Estonian Safer Internet Centre - Privacy recommendations for ASKfm (in Estonian)
- Irish Safer Internet Centre - Explained: What is ASKfm? (in English)
- Latvian Safer Internet Centre - Safety settings in ASKfm (in Latvian)
- Maltese Safer Internet Centre - ASKfm Information Sheet (in English)
- Romanian Safer Internet Centre - Tips on using ASKfm (in Romanian)
- Slovenian Safer Internet Centre - Tips on using ASKfm safely and responsibly (in Slovenian)
- UK Safer Internet Centre - Social media guides: ASKfm (in English)