October is European Cyber Security Month
European Cyber Security Month (ECSM) – or CyberSecMonth – is the EU's annual advocacy campaign, taking place each October with the aim of raising awareness of cyber security threats, promoting cyber security among citizens and providing up-to-date security information through education and sharing of good practices. It is organised by the European Union Agency for Network and Information Security (ENISA), the European Commission's DG CONNECT and a whole host of partners.
- to generate general awareness about cyber security, which is one of the priorities identified in the EU Cyber Security Strategy.
- to generate specific awareness on Network and Information Security (NIS), which is addressed in the proposed NIS Directive.
- to promote safer use of the internet for all users.
- to build a strong track record to raise awareness through the ECSM.
- to involve relevant stakeholders.
- to increase national media interest through the European and global dimension of the project.
- to enhance attention and interest with regard to information security through political and media coordination.
- Security in banking
- Cyber safety
- Cyber security training
- Mobile malware.
- BIK Team
On the occasion of European Cybersecurity Month (ECSM), celebrated in October, a learning event for teachers in Europe, called "Get Cyber Skilled", will be hosted on the eTwinning platform. The initiative is a partnership between the European Agency for Network and Information Security (ENISA), the Directorate-General for Communications Networks, Content and Technology (DG CONNECT) in the European Commission, and European Schoolnet.
- BIK Team
This October, we will celebrate European Cyber Security Month (ECSM), an EU initiative launched in October 2012 by by the European Union Agency for Network and Information Security (ENISA), the European Commission's DG CONNECT and partners. It aims to generate general awareness about cybersecurity, more specifically on Network and Information Security (NIS), and to promote safer use of the internet for all users by involving all relevant stakeholders.
- BIK team
October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM). Given its synergies with Safer Internet Day (SID) and the Better Internet for Kids (BIK) agenda in general, we are proud to support NCSAM as an official champion. We'll be joining a growing global effort among businesses, government agencies, colleges and universities, associations, nonprofit organisations and individuals to promote online safety awareness.