> [NEW starting on 12 December] Advent calendar
On Safer Internet Day (SID) 2018 (6 February), Mariya Gabriel, Commissioner for Digital Economy and Society, launched the #SaferInternet4EU campaign to promote awareness raising on online safety, media literacy and cyber-hygiene.
The campaign includes an Ambassadors' scheme in which appointed Ambassadors act as multipliers of the messages of the campaign at local, national and international level, including:
- communication activities (writing articles, blogs, social media);
- sharing relevant resources;
- engaging with other stakeholders, e.g. national Safer Internet Centres;
- keeping the EC informed about actions, issues, trends and innovative solutions through the betterinternetforkids.eu platform;
- participating in relevant events.
Further information on the work of the #SaferInternet4EU Ambassadors will follow shortly.