Norwegian Safer Internet Centre
Awareness centreEmail address: email@example.com Website: http://www.medietilsynet.no/trygg-bruk/ https://www.facebook.com/Medietilsynet https://twitter.com/Medietilsynet https://www.youtube.com/user/Medietilsynet
HelplineEmail address: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.korspahalsen.no https://www.facebook.com/korspahalsen https://twitter.com/Korspahalsen https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGl8oRzuIeixcF9IHJI0yKw
The UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) is the foundation of the work of the Norwegian Safer Internet Centre (SIC) both in terms of right to information, expression, participation and last, but not least, the right to protection. The issues raised by children and young people's use of digital media, in many cases, challenges several of these rights at the same time. Leaning on knowledge gained from facts, surveys and contact with the target groups, the SIC wishes to offer a balanced and nuanced view concerning benefits, risks and harm, and to uphold all of these rights at the same time.
- ICT Norway (IKT Norge): the interest group for the Norwegian ICT industry.
- Kids and Media (Barnevakten): non-profit organisation providing parents and professionals with information and advice on children and young people's digital lives.
- National Criminal Investigation Service (Kripos): national hotline, and the unit for fighting organised and other serious crime.
- National Parents' Committee for Primary and Secondary Education (FUG).
- Norwegian Centre for Information Security (NorSIS/Slettmeg.no): an independent organisation and partner to the government, businesses and research facilities in the subject of cyber security.
- Norwegian Consumer Council (Forbrukerrådet): an independent organisation that aims to aid users and consumers and to influence government and industry in ways that are beneficial to the consumers.
- Norwegian Data Protection Authority (Datatilsynet): facilitates protection of individuals from violation of their right to privacy through processing of their personal data.
- Norwegian Directorate for Education and Training.
- (Utdanningsdirektoratet – direktoratet for barnehage, grunnopplæring og IKT): overall responsibility for supervising kindergarten, education and the governance of the education sector, as well as the implementation of Acts of Parliament and regulations.
- Ombudsman for Bullying (Mobbeombudene): separate regional agencies that works closely with kindergartens and schools.
- Ombudsman for Children (Barneombudet): advocate for children and young people. They work to uphold the rights of children and ensure that children's opinions are heard.
- Save the Children Norway (Redd Barna).
- Telenor: provider of mobile- and online services in Norway. Together with NSIC (NMA and Red Cross) and Kids and Media (NGO) they are responsible for the "Use Your Head" (Bruk hue) school campaign.
- Ung.no: site for governmental information on rights, possibilities and obligations of young people.
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Children and Equality
- Ministry of Justice and Public Security
- Ministry of Local Government and Modernisation