Greek Safer Internet Centre
Awareness centreEmail address: email@example.com Website: http://saferinternet4kids.gr https://www.facebook.com/SaferInternet4Kids-233337290392828 https://twitter.com/SaferInt4Kids https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyoFGbZi2XQnxwwI9C0A4KQ
HelplineEmail address: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.help-line.gr https://www.facebook.com/help-linegr-163983246830/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9SHxgyHaY7flSH_Ih1BUCA
HotlineEmail address: email@example.com Website: http://www.safeline.gr https://www.facebook.com/Safeline-161410338270/ https://twitter.com/safeline_gr http://www.youtube.com/user/SafeLineGr
- A quiz page was created and regularly updated, earning 25,000 page views in less than six months.
- A page for children has received 21,000 page views
- An animated video for online safety has received approximately 25,000 views.
- Sources have been created and used by groups such as children with special abilities, learning difficulties and people with hearing impairment.
- Press releases issued by the SIC were hosted by a large number of media, which is a great help in raising awareness, while members of the SIC have a regular presence in television programmes and radio interviews.
- The centre managed to mobilise a large number of schools, institutions and authorities to participate in the celebrations of Safer Internet Day (SID), thus sending a loud message to every corner of the country.
- The participation of schools in the annual nationwide competitions organised by the centre under the auspices of the Ministry of Education on the occasion of Safer Internet Day exceeded all expectations. More than 400 schools took part and the prizes awarded prizes distinguished students were widely published through the country's media.
- A meeting of the Advisory Board was very successful as it involved all stakeholders, while the issues discussed were of concern to the wider public.
Many industry partners, institutions and other organisations support Safer Internet Day (SID) with awareness-raising events and activities, or resource launches, to help make the internet a safer and better place.
More specifically, the Greek Safer Internet Centre (SIC) is supported by the Ministry of Education and Religious Affairs, the Ministry of Digital Policy Telecommunications and Media, the Central Union of Municipalities and Communities, the Panhellenic School Network, and the Greek Church.
- Ministry of Education, Research and Religious Affairs
- Ministry of Digital Policy, Telecommunications and Media
- Cybercrime Division
- Forensics Department
- Together for children
- National Commission for Human Rights
- National Kapodistrian University of Athens, School of Law
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, School of Law
- University of the Aegean
- National Kapodistrian University of Athens, Department of Psychology
- National Center for Science Research "Demokritos"
- Hellenic Data Protection Authority
- Central Union of Municipalities of Greece (KEDE)
- The Archdioceses of Athens and Crete
- Panhellenic School network
- Hellenic Healthy Cities Network
- Juvenile Probation Services
- Consumers' protection organisation EKPIZO
- SaferInternet4Kids.gr Annual Report 2016-2017
- Fake news resource (in English)
- Video: Internet safety with simple words! (in Greek with English subtitles)
- Video: Cyberbullying with Athina and Hermes (in Greek with English subtitles)
- SaferInternet4Kids quiz
- Video: Internet addiction (sign language version)