Cypriot Safer Internet Centre
Awareness centreEmail address: InternetSafety@cyearn.pi.ac.cy Website: http://www.pi.ac.cy/InternetSafety/
HelplineEmail address: email@example.com Website: http://www.cyberethics.info/helpline-en.html
HotlineEmail address: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.cyberethics.info/hotline-en.html
The Cypriot Safer Internet Centre (SIC) has a strong consortium with important stakeholders as partners, supported by a wider group on the National Strategy for a better internet for kids in Cyprus, which will serve as the Advisory Board.
Successful programmes include:
- The eSafe school programme - http://www.pi.ac.cy/InternetSafety/eSafeSchool.html.
- The Young Coaches for the Internet programme - http://www.pi.ac.cy/InternetSafety/YoungCoaches.html.
- The annual Short Videos by Students competition - http://www.pi.ac.cy/InternetSafety/drastiriotites_diagonismoi.html.
Key supporters of the Safer Internet Centre (SIC) in Cyprus are the members of the National Strategy for a better internet for kids in Cyprus working group which includes 24 partners:
- Office of the Commissioner of Electronic Communications and Postal Regulation
- Ministry of Education and Culture - Cyprus Pedagogical Institute
- Office for Combating Cybercrime, Cyprus Police
- Department of Electronic Communications, of the Ministry of Transport, Communications and Works
- Department of Information Technology Services, Ministry of Finance
- Cyprus Radio Television Authority
- Office of the Commissioner for Children's Rights
- Cyprus Digital Champion, Ministry of Energy, Commerce, Industry and Tourism
- Youth Board of Cyprus
- Pancyprian School for Parents
- Cyprus Neuroscience & Technology Institute
- Pancyprian Coordinating Committee for the Protection and Welfare of Children
- International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC)2 Cyprus Chapter
- Cyprus Organisation for Standardisation
- Cyprus Computer Society
- Microsoft Cyprus
- Computer Science Department of the University of Cyprus
- Social Computing Research Center, Cyprus University of Technology
- CERISE, European University
- Computer Science Department of the University of Nicosia
- Office of the Commissioner for Personal Data Protection