This is the 14th time the campaign has been organised in Lithuania under the coordination of the association Langas į ateitį, which is the consortium partner of the Safer Internet Centre of Lithuania. The three main themes of the campaign were: Digital Skills for “Equity, Diversity and Inclusion” – from basic to advanced; Digital media literacy; Cybersecurity and safer internet. During the three thematic weeks of the campaign, Lithuanian citizens were invited to participate in webinars presenting e-services and the opportunities offered by the internet, participate in educational events in public libraries and educational institutions, and to test and improve their knowledge in quizzes. The campaign activities reached over 30,000 Lithuanian citizens.
Four online broadcasts on YouTube were organised with 3,500 participants.
- The webinar "eHealth (electronic health services system) opportunities: let's register online" attracted the most attention. Representatives of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Lithuania and the State Enterprise Centre of Registers gave a practical demonstration of one of the most relevant EHR services – how patients can register for a doctor's appointment using the Advance Patient Registration System (IPR IS). The recording is available here.
- The webinar "Qualified electronic signature – benefits, security, opportunities" invited to find out more about qualified electronic signatures, during which a representative of SK ID Solutions presented practical information on the use of qualified e-signatures, debunked fears and myths circulating in the public space. The recording is available here.
- The question of when internet use becomes a problem was answered by representatives from the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences, the Institute for Social Projects and an independent psychologist in the webinar "Problematic internet use: what is it?". The recording is available here.
- During the webinar "IT professions: how to make the right choice?" the variety of IT professions and its different fields, from tester and programmer to talent specialist, were presented, while Omnisend representatives shared their experience and work routines. The recording is available here.
Competitions and quizzes
During the campaign, a variety of competitions and quizzes were introduced.
- In cooperation with the National Lithuanian Libraries Week and the Lithuanian Librarians' Association, libraries staff were invited to take part in the competition "We overcome crises together" and share success stories of how digital technologies have helped to overcome or minimise crisis situations. The winner of the competition was announced: the library of Alizava Primary School in Kupiškis district, which shared a story about their online school newspaper becoming a platform for collaboration during the pandemic period.
- In the quiz "ABC of cybersecurity", organised together with ESET, everyone could test their cybersecurity knowledge, find out new useful information or just have fun and win a prize.
- During ADWeeks2023 from 17 April to 7 May, more than 2,000 participants took the quiz "Am I safe online?".
Campaign in public libraries and educational institutions
Traditionally, over 150 libraries and their branches, together with some educational institutions and more than 3,500 visitors, joined the campaign activities across the country.
Libraries and educational institutions offered their community members to test their digital literacy skills, they also learned the rules of a safe use of the internet, improved their digital skills (like drafting text documents, searching for information, communicating in virtual space), learned efficient and safe use of electronic services, mastering 3D technologies, etc., and actively watched the webinars organised publicly during the campaign.
Find more information about the work of the Lithuanian Safer Internet Centre, including its awareness raising, helpline, hotline, and youth participation services – or find similar information for other Safer Internet Centres throughout Europe.