In particular, BEE SECURE has been targeting these three groups:
- children and young people, through educational programs starting at an early age;
- parents, teachers, and educators, who serve as children’s primary point of reference and thus need to set a good example;
- and seniors, who are becoming increasingly active online, creating a growing demand.
The offer of BEE SECURE also includes the BEE SECURE Helpline (8002 1234), which offers free, anonymous, and confidential telephone advice, and the BEE SECURE Stopline for reporting illegal content on the internet.
In celebration of its tenth anniversary, BEE SECURE hosted online conferences that were free and open to everyone from Monday, 7 to Wednesday, 9 December 2020.
- ”Eemol Cybersécherheet an zréck: eng Komplettiwwersiicht” – A presentation that talked in a simple and practical way about today's cybersecurity issues and how to protect oneself in the best way.
- “10 years in privacy, it's been a ride!” – In this special edition of the Digital Privacy Salon, you were taken on a trip down memory lane exploring the good, the bad and the plain ugly aspects of privacy in the digital world of the past decade.
- “Expertentrio fir Elteren” – An online information evening for parents, with representatives from (KJT) Kanner-Jugendtelefon, the Department of Prevention from Police Luxembourg and BEE SECURE to discuss the risks that children may encounter when using the internet.
Ten years of BEE SECURE means ten years of trainings, events, tools, information, orientation and advice, reporting of illegal content, and much more. All of this was only possible in cooperation and with the support of many stakeholders. Therefore, BEE SECURE would like to thank all partners and supporters that were involved in the last decade.
Find out more about the work of the Luxembourg Safer Internet Centre, including their awareness raising, helpline, hotline and youth participation services – or find similar information for Safer Internet Centres throughout Europe.