The State of the World's Children 2017 argues for faster action, focused investment and greater cooperation to harness the power and opportunities of digital technology to benefit the most disadvantaged and to protect children from the risks of a more connected world.
The report includes six priority actions:
- Provide all children with affordable access to high-quality online resources.
- Protect children from harm online – including abuse, exploitation, trafficking, cyberbullying and exposure to unsuitable materials.
- Safeguard children's privacy and identities online.
- Teach digital literacy to keep children informed, engaged and safe online.
- Leverage the power of the private sector to advance ethical standards and practices that protect and benefit children online.
- Put children at the centre of digital policy.
Access the full report on the UNICEF website.