Through a developed set of materials, families are invited to watch educational videos, sing along to songs with the famous singing bear “Ričijs Rū” and, after each video, engage in creative activities together. Each episode comes with a worksheet to reinforce the acquired knowledge with parents and teachers.
The following topics are covered in the series of eight videos:
- What is the internet and how does it work?
- Meaningful use of the internet - what opportunities does the internet give you?
- Excessive use of the internet
- Is everything that we see and experience online real?
- Cyberbullying - how to communicate properly and politely online?
- Communicating with strangers on the internet, keeping your privacy safe
- Messages on the internet that children don't understand
- Fun, useful and educational activities on the internet
Various educational materials have been developed for each topic - tasks, worksheets and ideas for inspiration. They will help parents and educators to consolidate the acquired knowledge and continue the process of acquiring knowledge together with children.
The set of educational material is available on the website of the Latvian Safer Internet Centre.
Find out more about the work of the Latvian Safer Internet Centre, including its awareness raising, helpline, hotline and youth participation services – or find similar information for Safer Internet Centres throughout Europe.