Polish Safer Internet Centre
Awareness centreEmail address: email@example.com Website: http://www.saferinternet.pl https://www.facebook.com/bezpiecznyinternet
Helpline for children and youthWebsite: http://www.116111.pl
Helpline for parents and professionalsEmail address: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.800100100.pl
The main successes of the Polish Safer Internet Centre (SIC) are the international conference "Keeping children and young people safe online" and the decentralised model of Safer Internet Day (SID) organisation in Poland.
The international conference "Keeping children and young people safe online" has been organised since 2007. Each year, the event gathers approximately 600 professionals: pedagogues, teachers, psychologists, law enforcement, industry representatives and policy makers. The two-day conference consists of plenary sessions as well as workshops and is enriched by expert debate. The conference is also accessible via the provided streaming. After the event, the recorded speeches are available on the conference website at saferinternet.pl/conference.
The decentralised model of SID organisation includes encouraging schools and other institutions all over Poland to organise educational events. Promotional packages containing educational materials, SID posters and so on are sent to local organisers. The decentralised SID model, promoted since 2006, turned out to be a huge success - each year the number of reported initiatives in the whole country increases (4,600 in 2020, from 39,77 in 2019). The full list of actions can be found on the event website at www.dbi.pl.
Digital Youth Forum, an event organised for youth and by youth is becoming more and more popular each year. In 2019, we had over 400 youth participating on the spot and over 11,000 watching the live transmission within the "Organise Digital Youth Forum in your school" action.
The main key supporter of the Polish Safer Internet Centre (SIC) is the Orange Foundation. Other supporting organisations are also members of the Polish SIC's Advisory Board:
- Ministry of Digital Affairs
- Ministry of National Education
- Ministry of the Interior and Administration
- National Police Headquarters
- Ombudsman for Children
- Orange Foundation
- Centre for Education Development
- Centre for Citizenship Education
- Computer Assisted Education and Information Technology Centre
- Office of Electronic Communications
- National Broadcasting Council
- Polish Committee for UNESCO
- Google Poland
- Facebook Poland
- Education Office in Warsaw
- European Consumer Centre
- Polish Chamber of Information Technology and Telecommunications
- Polish Society of the Phonographic Industry
- Polish Information Processing Society
- National Chamber of Electronics and Telecommunications
- Foundation of Coalition for Polish Innovations
- Warsaw Centre for Education and Social Innovations and Trainings
- Association of Entertainment Software Producers and Distributors