Latvian Safer Internet Centre
Awareness centreEmail address: email@example.com Website: https://drossinternets.lv/ https://www.facebook.com/drossinternets https://twitter.com/drossinternets https://www.youtube.com/saferinternetlv
HelplineEmail address: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.bti.gov.lv https://www.facebook.com/UT116111 https://twitter.com/116111_ut https://www.youtube.com/user/vbtai
HotlineEmail address: email@example.com Website: https://drossinternets.lv/ https://www.facebook.com/drossinternets https://twitter.com/drossinternets https://www.youtube.com/saferinternetlv
Youth participationEmail address: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: https://drossinternets.lv/lv/info/jauniesu-padome
The Latvian Safer Internet Centre (SIC) has been awarded the "Platinum Mouse 2018" for the best cyber security initiative in Latvia. The category was initiated by the Ministry of Defence and the prize was given by the Minister of Defence, Mr. Raimonds Bergmanis.
Over recent years, the Latvian SIC has:
- developed more than 250 different educational materials in digital format and 25 printed materials;
- trained 32 voluntary Safer Internet Ambassadors all over Latvia. They, in turn, have trained more than 10,000 pupils in their regions;
- ensured the work of hotline which has received 5,579 reports about illegal and harmful internet contentsand problematic situation in the internet environment;
- in cooperation with the National Centre for Education in spring 2018, organised a comprehensive online diagnostic test for 3rd and 6th grade students about internet safety and media literacy. 60 per cent of all schools, i.e. 420 schools all over Latvia, participated in the test involving 17,806 pupils;
- organised, each year, more than 500 lectures for children and youth on various topics related to internet safety in schools all over Latvia.
- Every month, the educational and informational materials developed by the centre are downloaded 6,000 times, on average, from Drossinternets.lv. In February, when Safer Internet Day (SID) is celebrated, the number of downloads reaches 25,000.
- The SIC's web page, Drossinternets.lv, reaches approximately 130,000 unique visitors each year.
- Every year there are more than 250 publications in the media covering the activities of the centre.
Apart from co-funding from the EC's CEF (Connecting Europe Facility) programme, the Latvian Safer Internet Centre (SIC) receives financial support nationally from the Latvian Internet Association, Ministry of Environmental Protection and Regional Development, Ministry of Welfare, CERT.LV and the Local Governments Training Centre. Activities are strongly supported by stakeholders from governmental institutions, NGOs, companies and experts from the internet industry, and teachers, educators and specialists working in the education sector.