Romanian Safer Internet Centre
Awareness centreEmail address: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.oradenet.ro https://www.facebook.com/SigurPeNet https://www.youtube.com/user/sigurinfoorg
Youth participationEmail address: email@example.com Website: http://www.oradenet.salvaticopiii.ro/fii-voluntar
Since 2008, when it was first launched, the Safer Internet Programme has achieved a number of relevant and important results:
- 360,000 children and 95,000 adults (parents and teachers) were informed or trained.
- 4,000 children, parents and teachers benefitted from counselling and advice related to internet safety issues.
- The first guide related to online safety in Romania was developed and launched alongside the Ministry of Education.
- Sigur.info Volunteering Programme was awarded best project of the year in 2013.
- Over 2,000 students and 7,000 teachers have used the online safety resources put at their disposal in order to organise activities.
- Seven local and European summer schools with more than 200 child participants from Romania and 11 other countries were organised in order to educate young internet safety ambassadors.
- The first online reporting platform for volunteering was developed.
- Vulnerable groups, such as children with hearing or vision impairment and institutionalised children, were involved in our activities.
- Ministry of National Education
- Ministry of Communication and Informational Society
- National Authority for Regulation in Communication Services
- National Authority for Children's Rights Protection and Adoption
- General Inspectorate of the Romanian Police
- National Agency for Combating Child Trafficking
- Institute For Sociology of the Romanian Academy
- National Council for Combating Discrimination
- Bucharest Center for Resources and Educational Assistance
- Prevention Institute of the Romanian Police
- RDS RCS
- Internet Service Providers' Association