Italian Safer Internet Centre
HelplineEmail address: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.azzurro.it/it/cosa-facciamo/pronti-allascolto/pronto-telefono-azzurro https://www.facebook.com/TelefonoAzzurroOnlus/ https://twitter.com/telefonoazzurro https://www.youtube.com/user/sosTelefonoAzzurro
The SIC Italy is working on three main activities:
- Implementation of programmes to increase education on and awareness of safe use of the internet (for children adolescents, parents, teachers and educators).
- One helpline, a service for children, adolescents, and adults who can obtain support and advice about problems related to the use of digital and online technologies or internet safety.
- Two hotlines to allow internet users to report illegal content.
The main purpose of the activities is the strengthening of young people's and children's digital competencies. The SIC intends to achieve that through awareness-raising activities which are carried out using different channels and approaches:
- Activities involving children and young people (6 - 18 years old), teachers and parents (particularly within the school setting) and youth professionals.
- A nationwide communication campaign using different online and offline channels to provide the project's messages and resources with as much visibility as possible.
The Advisory Board is composed of 23 members and the goal is to continue expanding membership during the course of the project. Its role is not only consultative, as the aim is to involve members in the planning and implementation of the most relevant project activities.
The new advisory board currently brings together representatives of key ICT industries and national authorities and includes the following members:
- Governmental bodies and authorities
- Representatives of associations and confederations of students and parents
- Independent authorities
- Companies providing core postal services
- Google and YouTube
- Facebook Italy
- Telecom Italia
- Many other relevant ICT and telecommunications companies.
There are no results.