SAFER INTERNET DAY
This year's Safer Internet Day (SID) celebration took place on Tuesday, 5 February 2019. The campaign's slogan, "Together for a better internet", was a call to action for all stakeholders to join together and play their part in creating a better internet for everyone, and especially for younger users.
Curious what happened in your country on SID 2019? Check out the SID Committees' profiles in the dedicated SID in your country area. LIkewise, find out how many of the organisational supporters across the globe marked the day. Alternatively, browse the Safer Internet Day 2019 report for more details on the campaign succeses.
Find other news from the day on this website, as well as the Better Internet for Kids (BIK) portal (BIK). Please also visit our Facebook and Twitter profiles to find out what happened using the campaign hashtags of #SID2019, #SaferInternetDay and #SaferInternetDay2019.
And while Safer Internet Day may have passed for this year, the campaign's messages - and general awareness raising on online safety issues - should continue all year round. Visit the Better Internet for Kids (BIK) portal regularly to keep up to date, find awareness-raising resources in our resource galleries, and subscribe to the quarterly BIK bulletin for updates direct to your inbox.
And finally, as one SID comes to a close, so we start planning for the next! Already save the date for Safer Internet Day 2020, taking place on Tuesday, 11 February 2020, when - once again - we'll join forces across the globe to work "Together for a better internet".
* Safer Internet Day (SID) is organised by the joint Insafe-INHOPE network, with the support of the European Commission, with funding provided by the Connecting Europe Facility programme (CEF). Find out more about the EC's ‘European Strategy for a Better Internet for Children' on the Digital Agenda website.
We invite you to keep an eye on this section for the latest news and articles about the campaign:
- The youth panellists in the spotlight for Safer Internet Day 2019 in Hungary
- Safer Internet Day 2019 in the UK: "Our internet, our choice"
- An emphasis on local initiatives for Safer Internet Day 2019 in Poland
- Safer Internet Day 2019 in Portugal: Online for human rights
- Safer Internet Day 2019 in Slovenia: focus on digital parenting
- Safer Internet Day 2019 in Germany: United against online hate speech
- Screentime management at the heart of Safer Internet Day 2019 in Slovakia
- Lithuania - Safer Internet Day 2019 event "Conversation in other ways!"
- EU Kids Online Survey for Safer Internet Day 2019 in Estonia
- Focus on media literacy for Safer Internet Day 2019 in Iran
- Student workshops for Safer Internet Day 2019 in Tanzania
- Safer Internet Day 2019 in the Netherlands: research on digital parenting
- Celebrating Safer Internet Day 2019 in Romania
- Safer Internet Day 2019 in Malta by BeSmartOnline!
- Despite rare Seattle snow, families came and cameras rolled at US Safer Internet Day
- Training day for CyberSafety Youth Panel in Cyprus
- Safer Internet Day 2019 in Denmark: Digital rights and GDPR for young people