Accessibility Statement for Better Internet for Kids
This statement applies to content published on the domain: ‘https://www.betterinternetforkids.eu/’
European Schoolnet, on behalf of the European Commission,is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA.
Better Internet for Kids is partially compliant with the WCAG 2.1 level AA and technical standard EN 301 549, v3.2.1. Partially compliant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
The website was last tested for accessibility on 13/04/2023.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Better Internet for Kids. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on the Better Internet for Kids portal.
- Phone: (+32)027907575
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal address: European Schoolnet. Rue de Trèves 61 B-1040, Brussels, Belgium.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
The Better Internet for Kids portal is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- the latest version of Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari browsers;
- in combination with the latest versions of JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver and TalkBack.
Accessibility of Better Internet for Kids relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
European Schoolnet, on behalf of the European Commission, assessed the accessibility of Better Internet for Kids by the following approach:
A WCAG 2.0 level AA audit was carried out in January 2019. The recommended solutions have been followed for the redevelopment of the website, launched in October 2020. However, some content created before that date (i.e.: videos, images and articles) may not be compliant. An accessibility consultant performed a WCAG 2.1 level AA audit in March 2021 and a re-audit in April 2023, and is currently helping the BIK team address any remaining accessibility issues on the portal.
Known issues for the website of Better Internet for Kids include:
- Video captions: Some of our videos provide automatically generated captions that might contain errors
- Video player: The shortcuts of our video player might interfere with the shortcuts of some assistive technologies
- Link appearance: Some pages have links that are not sufficiently distinguishable from normal text
- Keyboard: Some pages contain controls that are not operable by keyboard
- Contrast: Some elements have insufficient colour contrast
Please contact us if you encounter an issue not listed above.